Roasted Low Carb Spiced Nuts are sweet and salty made with a mix of spices and a hint of sweetness. Perfect for holiday parties or a snack all to yourself.
Simple to throw together with some rosemary, olive oil and a sprinkle of erythritol. If you love warm roasted nuts, these keto spiced nuts will hit the spot.
I love to make this toasted spiced nuts recipe when I am in the mood for something salty and sweet. Store them in individual portion sizes so I don't eat them all at once.
I make these when having a group of friends over to serve as a snack, Served in small bowls with a spoon so everyone can help themselves while enjoying a few cocktails, especially around the Christmas holidays.
🥘 Ingredients Used
Simple ingredients using 4 cups of mixed nuts, some spices and sweetener to make these low carb keto spiced nuts.
- Almonds: tasty when eaten raw but are even more tastier one roasted
- Pecans: for that sweet and nutty buttery flavour that these nuts are known for
- Cashews: a rich nutty flavour similar to almonds
- Erythritol: an optional ingredient adding a hint of sweetness to balance out the spices
- Spice blend: a mix of rosemary, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt are used to give this low carb snack some warmth and flavour
- Olive oil: used to help coat the nuts and blend the flavours of these keto roasted nuts
👨🏻🍳 Recipe Instructions
How to make Low Carb Spiced Nuts?
This recipe could not be any easier and was a joy to make, especially when I got to taste the wonderful warm spices blended with the sweetener. We had to tuck them away, otherwise we would have finished them in the same day.
First set your oven to 350°F. This temperature is just warm enough to roast the nuts without burning them. Plus it gives the roasted nuts a slight char, adding to the flavour and texture.
In a large bowl add the nuts, drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle on the spices. Use a large spoon to toss together until all the nuts are well coated with the olive oil and spices.
Scatter evenly in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake at 350°F for 10 minutes, stir and roast another 5 minutes. Times may vary depending on your oven so keep any eye on them and reduce the time if needed.
I used an old baking sheet that I didn't mind getting charred a bit. I find when using parchment paper for a recipe like this, they don't get as toasted as I would like them to be.
👨🏻🍳 Recipe tips
Top Tip: roasting the keto spiced nuts with olive oil is a nice way to add some flavour but also to get them crispy. You can use a more neutral oil but for this recipe I chose an oil that most people may have in their kitchen.
Tip: use raw unsalted nuts for this recipe, otherwise do not use salt if already salted. If using roasted nuts you can cut the oven time in half.
- Serving: serve as a snack with your favourite beverage or cocktail. These roasted spiced nuts are best served warm (lightly cooled) out of the oven.
- Storage: store in an airtight container or freezer bag in a cool dark place for up to 2 weeks. You can freeze up to a month is a tightly sealed bag.
- Portion: Use small sandwich bags to portion out the nuts so that you don't overeat them as they can be very tempting.
♨️ Recipe variations
There are so many variations to this keto snack, here are just a few ways you can enjoy them.
- Spicy - add more heat to the spice mix and use some red pepper chili flakes or cayenne pepper
- Melted Butter - swap the olive oil for melted butter if you want a more buttery flavoured roasted keto friendly nut
- Nuts - you can swap the nuts used in this recipe for any nuts you prefer.
This recipe is also gluten free, vegan and diabetic friendly.
For another flavoured nut recipe, see my Keto Salted Caramel Pili Nuts recipe.
💭 Frequently asked questions
You should start to smell them and they may start crackling. Depending on the nuts used it may take more or less time than the recipe shows. Just don't over roast them.
You may not have used enough oil to nut ratio. If you prefer to use butter that might work better. I wanted to keep this recipe vegan so everyone may enjoy at a holiday party.
Low Carb Spiced Nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients until nuts are evenly coated.
- Roast on a baking sheet for 10 minutes, stir and then another 5 minutes at 350F.
- Best served warm.
This recipe card provides the basic details to make this recipe. For more information, questions or variations please review the content above the recipe card.
Updates and Revisions
If conflicting information between the video and recipe card, the recipe card will always have the most up to date information, ingredients and instructions.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
🌡️ Food safety
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
See more food guidelines