Get ready to indulge in a mouth-watering Almond Raspberry Cake that won't compromise your healthy lifestyle with this low-carb, sugar-free, and diabetic-friendly recipe! Made with almond flour and sweetened with a sugar-free substitute.
Whether you're following a keto diet or simply looking for a guilt-free treat, this cake is the perfect solution to satisfy your sweet tooth cravings.
I was inspired to make this almond raspberry cake after making this Almond Flour Lime Drizzle Cake recipe as it was such a hit with everyone and we had fresh raspberries that needed to be used.
Why you'll love this almond raspberry cake recipe
- Diabetic-Friendly: This cake is sweetened with your favorite sugar substitute, making it perfect for those with diabetes or those looking for a low-sugar alternative.
- Low-Carb and Keto-Friendly: With almond flour as the base ingredient, this cake is low in carbs and perfect for those following a keto diet.
- Bursting with Flavor: The combination of almond flour and raspberries creates a delectable and satisfying flavor profile that's hard to resist.
- Quick and Easy: This recipe is simple to follow and requires minimal ingredients, making it a quick and easy dessert option.
- Healthy and Guilt-Free: Not only is this cake delicious, but it's also a healthy and guilt-free alternative to traditional high-sugar cakes. So, indulge in this dessert without any worry or guilt!
This almond raspberry cake recipe is made with carefully selected wholesome ingredients, designed to create a delicious and satisfying cake that is both healthy and nourishing.
- Fresh Raspberries: Fresh raspberries are the best choice for making the raspberry frosting for this almond cake recipe as they provide a fresher and more vibrant flavor compared to frozen raspberries.
- Almond Flour: Almond flour is a great gluten-free and low-carb alternative to wheat flour, and it gives this almond cake recipe a deliciously nutty and moist texture.
- Sour Cream: Sour cream adds a lovely tanginess and moisture to this almond cake recipe.
- Almond Extract: The use of almond extract in this raspberry almond cake recipe not only adds an intense and delightful almond flavor but also enhances the texture and moistness of the cake due to its natural oils and properties, making it a perfect complement to the raspberry frosting.
- Sugar Substitute: We use a sugar substitute like powdered erythritol in this recipe to make it a diabetic-friendly and low-carb option without compromising on taste. Use your preferred sweetener.
See the recipe card for the full list of ingredients and quantities.
Steps by step instructions
How to make an almond raspberry cake?
STEP 1: Preheat the oven to 325°F
In a large mixing bowl whisk together the almond flour, baking powder, salt and powdered sweetener of choice.
In another large mixing bowl combine whisk together the eggs, room temperature butter, room temperature sour cream, ¼ teaspoon almond extract, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Then combine the wet and dry ingredients together with a rubber spatula until fully mixed together.
STEP 2: Pour the cake batter into a 9" x 5" loaf pan or baking pan that has been greased and lined with parchment paper. Smooth out the top with a rubber spatula.
Bake at 325°F for 45-48 minutes. Once a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean you will know it's ready.
STEP 3: While the cake is in the oven make the frosting by adding the raspberries to a bowl. Smush them with either a whisk or a wooden spoon, then add the remaining ingredients.
First, combine the ingredients with a rubber spatula so the powdered sweetener does not fly around, then use an electric hand mixer or stand mixer to mix on high for about 2 minutes until the frosting is smooth.
Cover and place in the refrigerator to cool until the cake is ready.
- STEP 4: Once the cake is out of the oven allow it to completely cool before removing it from the loaf pan as it may fall apart.
- Once it is cooled you can pour the frosting over the cake and use a spatula to evenly spread it over the top of the cake.
- I allowed it to drip down the sides rather than spread it around the cake evenly but that's optional. Top the cake with fresh raspberries for decoration (optional).
Place back in the fridge for at least one hour to allow the frosting to firm up.
STEP 5: Any extra frosting can be used to spread over individual slices.
Cut into slices and enjoy.
Here are 2 tips on making the best Almond Raspberry Cake ever.
- Use almond extract: In addition to using almond flour, adding almond extract to the cake batter will give it an even stronger almond flavor. Use a good quality almond extract and add it gradually to the batter, tasting as you go to get the desired strength of flavor.
- Don't overmix the batter as this can lead to a tough cake. Mix the ingredients until just combined and then stop. Also, make sure to measure the ingredients accurately for the best results.
To store the almond raspberry cake, follow these steps:
- Let the cake cool completely before storing it. This will prevent the cake from becoming soggy.
- Once cooled, cover the cake with plastic wrap or foil to keep it fresh.
- Store the cake at room temperature for up to 2 days. If you need to store it for longer than 2 days, store it in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- If storing in the refrigerator, make sure to bring the cake to room temperature before serving. This will allow the flavors to develop fully and make the cake taste its best.
- For longer-term storage, you can also freeze the cake. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and then in foil or a freezer-safe container. The cake can be frozen for up to 3 months. To thaw, let the cake sit at room temperature for a few hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
By following these steps, you can keep your almond raspberry cake fresh and delicious for as long as possible.
Here are five variations of this cake that will wow your family.
- Lemon Raspberry Almond Cake: Add lemon zest to the cake batter for a citrusy twist.
- Almond Raspberry Cake with Coconut Cream Frosting: Top the cake with a whipped cream frosting made with coconut cream, raspberries, and a low-carb sweetener. This gives the cake a tropical twist.
- Raspberry Almond Cake with Chia Seeds: Mix chia seeds into the cake batter for added texture and nutrition.
- Chocolate Raspberry Almond Cake: Mix in unsweetened cocoa powder to the cake batter for a chocolatey twist. Top the cake with a raspberry dark chocolate ganache made with dark chocolate, raspberries, and heavy cream.
- Blackberry Almond Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting: Swap the raspberries in the frosting for blackberries, and add lemon zest to the cream cheese frosting. This gives the cake a tangy and fruity flavor. Top the cake with fresh blackberries for decoration.
Frequently asked questions
Yes, you can use frozen raspberries for the frosting. Just make sure to thaw them first and drain any excess liquid.
Yes, the almond raspberry cake can be diabetic-friendly if made with low-carb and sugar-free ingredients. Just make sure to check the nutritional information of each ingredient and adjust the recipe accordingly if you are changing ingredients or quantities.
Yes, you can use other berries like blackberries, strawberries, or blueberries instead of raspberries for the frosting. Just keep in mind that the flavor and texture may be slightly different.
Almond Raspberry Cake Recipe
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- ¼ cup cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup powdered sweetener sugar substitute erythritol, allulose, monk fruit or your preferred sweetener.
- ½ cup heavy cream 35% or double cream
- Preheat the oven to 325°F
- In a large bowl whisk together the dry ingredients.2 cups almond flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ cup powdered sweetener sugar substitute
- In another large bowl whisk together the wet ingredients and then use a rubber spatula to combine with the dry ingredients.3 large eggs, ⅓ cup unsalted butter, ½ cup sour cream, ½ teaspoon almond extract, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Transfer the cake batter to a nine-inch loaf pan that has been greased and lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 325°F for 45-48 mins. You will know the cake is ready when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow cake to compeltely cool before removing from the loaf pan.
- Place the raspberries in a medium to large bowl and smush them with a whisk or wooden spoon.
- Then add the remaining frosting ingredients and first mix with a rubber spatula and then use an electric mixer on high for 1-2 minutes. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the fridge until the cake is ready and cooled.½ cup fresh raspberries, ½ cup unsalted butter, ¼ cup cream cheese, ½ cup powdered sweetener sugar substitute, ½ cup heavy cream 35%
- Once the cake is cooled pour the frosting over the top of the cake and allow to drip down the sides. Use a spatula to spread evenly if needed. Top the cake with fresh raspberries for decoration if desired.
- Place the cake in the fridge for one hour to allow the frosting to set.
- Use almond extract: In addition to using almond flour, adding almond extract to the cake batter will give it an even stronger almond flavor.
- Don't overmix the batter as this can lead to a tough cake. Mix the ingredients until just combined and then stop.
This recipe card provides the basic details to make this recipe. For more information, questions or variations please review the content above the recipe card.
Updates and Revisions
If conflicting information between the video and recipe card, the recipe card will always have the most up to date information, ingredients and instructions.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
This website contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on a product link, we may receive a commission in return. I Hacked Diabetes is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooked food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
See more food guidelines