Easy Low Carb Cauli Mash
Creamy and cheesy cauliflower mash is made with gruyere cheese, roasted garlic, rosemary, heavy cream and butter.
Servings: 8 people
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- dash salt and pepper for garlic
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tablespoon minced rosemary
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup gruyere cheese shredded
olive oil, parsley and chili flakes for garnish
Cut tips off of the garlic cloves and place in tinfoil with olive oil and a dash of salt and pepper. Roast in the oven on a baking sheet at 300°F for 40 minutes.
Add cauliflower bite sized pieces to a large pot with boiling water. Allow to boil for 20 minutes or until cauliflower is fork tender.
Remove cauliflower from pot and strain the water out. Return pot back to stove and melt the butter on low/medium heat.
Transfer cauliflower back to the pot with the remaining ingredients. Using the tip of a paring knife remove the garlic cloves from their skin and place in the pot.
Mash with a potato masher until creamy and smooth.
Transfer mash to serving dish and garnish with a drizzle with olive oil, chopped parsley and chili pepper flakes.
- Don't overcook the garlic as it will burn and not be creamy inside
- Toppings: top with a drizzle of olive oil, parsley and chili flakes. Alternatively you can top it like a baked potato with sour cream, chives and bacon. Give it some italian flavours and add grated parmesan and oregano.
- Storage: you can store the mashed cauliflower in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. Freeze for up to a month.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 97kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g