Calabrese Keto Pot Roast made with lots of garlic and pepperoncini. Finally, I purchased my first instant pot and what better recipe to make than a juicy tender roast. So, I decided I wanted to make a Mississippi Pot Roast because all my keto friends where posting pics of their roast and I couldn’t wait to make my own. Sadly when I was ready to make it, I realized I didn’t have all the ingredients so I decided to make my own with an italian twist on the Mississippi Pot Roast.
I called it a Calabrese Pot Roast although I truly don’t know if this is anything they would make in Calabria, I just called it that because that is where my family is from. Please don’t send me email about how they would never make this in Calabria 🙂
Calabrese Keto Pot Roast Recipe
This roast is very spicy, if you don’t want it too spicy, use half the pepperoncini and half the juice.
Ingredients for 8 Servings
- 3lb Beef Roast
- 1 tsp chilli pepper flakes
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 pinch of rosemary
- 1/2 cup of tomatoe sauce (I use this Low Carb Sauce)
- 10 oz of beef stock
- 1 cup of pepperoncini (use less if you don’t want a spicy roast)
- 1 cup juice from the jar of pepperoncini (use less juice if you don’t want a spicy roast)
- 1/2 cup Butter
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Place beef in instant pot, then toss in all the dry ingredients, then wet ingredients, finally place butter resting on top.
- Pressure cook for 2.5 hours
- After 2.5 hours remove beef from pot and shred or carve as you wish
- Remove liquid from pot and use as juice over the beef.
- If you want a thicker juice you can simmer on the stove and add some xanthan gum, however I prefer the juice as is
6g Net Carbs per serving.
Shop I Hacked Diabetes Apparel
Have a look at the Cheesy Keto Cheddar Rolls I made to go with this dish.